Hey guys and dolls! Sorry I’ve been away for pretty much the entire month of December! It all seemed to whizz past quite quickly! I had the usual manic pre-Christmas rush at work, mixed with the present buying and preparation, then the actual holiday period itself! So unfortunately I didn’t have too much time left for blogging 🙁 which was a shame as I had planned many posts in my head!
|Happy New Year!|
Whilst I was too busy to blog properly myself, the lovely Erin from Erin’s Choice did run a little interview with me which you can read here – http://erins-choice.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/christmas-q-emma.html Thanks for having me Erin, your questions got me soooo geared up for Christmas! Erin is one of my favourite book bloggers, and always has great recommendations for what I should be reading, so definitely make sure you check her blog out (she has a HUGE giveaway running atm too!). You can also follow Erin on Twitter @erinschoicee
To make up for my absence, I thought I’d do a quick “hello, here’s what I’ve been up to” post to give you a whirlwind look at my December. So hello! Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Paul Hollywood’s Mince Pies
- Rudolph sugar biscuits
- Making a gingerbread house! (I never actually had time to assemble and decorate though booo!)
- Melted snowman sugar biscuits
- Christmas wrapping paper water decals
- Blue gradient nails with multiple glitter flakes and glittery snowflake stickers (inspired by the incredible @JosephineJakobs)
- NYE nails – matte black and gold glitter tips
- Christmas jumper water decals over Models Own Scarlet Sparkle
- Some of the decs on my tree! My mum got me the robins in Sainsburys, and the little name tag is from my cousin’s Christmas wedding a couple years ago.
- The AMAZING advent calendar my mum made me (and being the absolute darling she is, she buys me treats to fill it up each year too!)
- My super cute felt mice nativity scene (bought at the Spirit Christmas fair)
- My parents’ beautiful Christmas tree (haha also love my mum puts fake presents underneath until the Big Day!)
I spent aaaaalll Christmas listening to Leona Lewis’s Christmas With Love album – it’s seriously beautiful! (and I’m not usually a Leona fan). Even my dad was impressed saying “I rather like that Fiona Lewis CD!” haha! So if you fancy a new Christmas CD for next year, I definitely recommend. I also ate more than my fair share of the scrumptious Terry’s Chocolate Orange Minis – soooo delicious! Much smaller than the normal segments (which means you can eat twice as many!)
I had a really lovely Christmas, spending lots of time with all my friends and family. Everyone seemed to love the gifts I picked out for them (phew!) and I was utterly spoiled too, so big smiles all round! I won’t do a post on what I got for Christmas, but will do some product reviews on here. I got lots of lovely nail varnish, baking goodies and my boyfriend is taking me to see Mojo at the theatre too, so keep your eyes peeled!
My boyfriend’s mum’s Christmas tree and HUGE mound of presents on Christmas morning! Even his 3 year old nephew looked a bit perplexed as to what to open first!
I hope you all had a very merry Christmas. Send me your links to any posts showing what you got, I love having a read of these! And wishing you all a very Happy New Year! Let’s all make sure 2014 is the best yet
xx emsypickle xx