I’m very excited today as I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Katie over at spotsandstripes99.blogspot.co.uk. Thanks Katie! The Liebster Award is a way to give new bloggers with less than 200 followers more recognition, help their blogs grow and let their readers know more about them. The Liebster Award is a really great way of sharing and discovering new blogs and bloggers, and I’m very excited to be taking part! I love reading these posts on other people’s blogs, so hope you all enjoy reading mine 😀
So how does the Liebster Award work? Well, you must answer the 11 questions set by your nominator, give 11 random facts about yourself and then nominate 11 other new and deserving blogs, leaving them your own set of 11 questions to answer. How exciting!
My fave sandwich filling has to be fresh mozzarella, chorizo, rocket and sprinkling of black pepper in a freshly baked baguette! Delicious! Whenever my boyfriend and I take a picnic lunch somewhere, this is always our sandwich of choice!
Easy peasy! My blanky! Haha! Yes I may be a fully fledged adult (apparently!) but I still have my baby blanket and will never ever get rid of him (yes its a him, not an it!)! He’s pretty grubby and dishevelled now, and has slowly disintegrated from being the beautiful big blanket I was wrapped in as a baby, to now what can only really be described as approx 15 cm of string, but we’ve been together for over a quater of a decade and I’d be absolutely devastated if he were gone forever!
I’m definitely a city girl! Born and bred in London, I can’t imagine living in the quiet and tranquil countryside. That’s not to say I don’t love a rural weekend away every now and then though.
Sausages. I absolutely love sausages. When I was little I had a horrible big baby doll but didn’t know what to call it. My dad said to think of my favourite things (presumably assuming I’d call it something like daisy or buttercup) so I ended up lugging Sausages the dolly around everywhere with me!
|My famous sausage rolls I love to bake!|
Has to be my Almay Dial Up One Coat mascara. I have really sensitive eyes and this is the one product which not only is kind to my skin, but also gives me really good volume and thickness. I dont think they make it any more though, so I keep buying them whenever I come across them online so I can stock up!
London. Without a shadow of a doubt. I have been lucky enough to visit and live in some of the most amazing places in the world, yet London will always be my favourite. Its just got such a great mix of cultures, heritage and history and there’s always something amazing going on, no matter what time of day or night.
Oohh this is a tricky one! I think I would go back to the summer camp in New Hampshire, USA where I worked for two summers during uni. I had so much fun and made some absolutely amazing friends there, as well as being able to look after and teach some incredible kids. I’d spend the morning teaching my swim and diving classes, have a chicken nugget eating competition at lunch, have my boyfriend come for a visit in the afternoon, so I can show him the camp and lake, then I’d magically be in New York for dinner and a show with my mum and dad, then a girls night out in Vegas!
|My beautiful camp|
I’d like to thank my mum for always being there for me and putting up with me and always being an inspiration and the best role model a girl could ask for. Love you mumsy 🙂
|One of my favourite pics of my mum and I! She looks AWESOME! xx|
Ooohh tricky! I think number 1 would be my bed. I love my bed! One of my greatest talents is the ability to fall asleep at any moment!
2 – my nail varnish collection which I keep in a wicker basket in my room. I love love LOVE nail varnish and am always adding to my collection (which currently has just under 200 unique polishes!).
3 – my cool Vogue pictures which I bought in a charity shop for £2 each and put into some nice chunky white frames from Ikea. My boyfriend and I have swapped sides of the bed since we first put them up though and he always gets embarrassed when people come round in case people think he chose them for “his wall”.
|Love these pics! Such a bargain too!|
I think reviving Thinking Outside The Pickle Jar. I actually started it way back in 2011 but only did a couple of posts. I’ve really enjoyed bringing it to life in 2013, and am pretty pleased with how well I’ve kept it up, and also that people seem to be enjoying it too! It’s been really fun documenting my adventures, and also helps me practice my writing and photography skills, as well as utilising and learning many other new skills too.
Can I cheat and say rainbow / multicolour?! I think probably my favourite clothing colour would be blue or nude. I think these colours suit my skin tones and are easy to dress up or down and match with lots of different things. I like black cars, tan or grey bags, turquoise nails, silver jewellery and pretty much any coloured glitter anything!
1) I am a huge Harry Potter fan, and nearly died of excitement when I got to go to the Harry
Potter wrap party and met all the actors including Rupert Grint (I LOVE Ron Weasley!)
|Ron looking amazing, me looking hungover!|
2) I have the best friends and family in the world and often wonder how I got so lucky as to have so many great people in my life.
3) I never wear matching nail varnish on my fingers and toes, and hate when my nail polish matches my clothes or jewellery.
4) Jurassic Park is my all time favourite film. I used to watch it everyday when I was younger and when my bf took me to see it in 3D over the bank holiday it was so good I cried!
5) I am horribly allergic to cats
6) I really want a pet pug, and would call him Fugly.
7) I love trashy American TV – my all time favourite being Laguna Beach, closely followed by Keeping Up With The Kardashians! I’m also a sucker for 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom, Greek and Millionaire Matchmaker.
|Some of my AMAZING DVD collection!|
8) I once auditioned to work at Disneyland Paris and was told I was the perfect height to play Pluto and Alice in Wonderland.
9) I really love to bake and my specialties are sausage rolls and butterfly cupcakes.
|So pretty and so delicious!|
11) I love to travel, and my dream would be to visit every country (or at least every continent) in the world. So far I’ve been to 24 out of 195. I’d better get a move on!!
1) If you had to take part in any reality TV show what would it be?
2) Would you rather only eat chocolate flavoured crisps or crisp flavoured chocolate?
3) What’s your favourite type of clothing / accessory?
4) If you had to be stuck in a lift for 24 hours, which 3 people would you choose to be stuck with?
5) What would you serve at a 3 course dinner party?
6) If you could visit any place in the world where would it be?
7) What’s your favourite animal?
8) Why did you start your blog and how did you choose it’s name?
9) Do you have any brothers or sisters?
10) What’s your favourite type of blogpost to write?
11) Who’s your celebrity style icon?
Here are my 11 nominees! They all have really great blogs which I love to read, and all have under 200 followers on Bloglovin’ I’d def recommend checking out their blogs if you haven’t already.
I hope you all do a Liebster award post, I can’t wait to read them all! Please do send me the link so I can have a looksie!
1) The Friday Girl – thefridaygirl.co.uk
2) Sarah J Make Up – sarahjmakeup.wordpress.com
3) 20/30 GLAM – twentythirtyglam.blogspot.com
4) the Bluebird & the Robin – bluebirdrobin.blogspot.com
5) beautiface – beautiface.wordpress.com
6) How Do You Wear That -howdoyouwearthatx.blogspot.co.uk
7) Victoria Jane – victoriajane-reviews.blogspot.co.uk
8) It’s All Just Rosie – itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk
9) Strikeapo.se –strikeapose.co.uk
10) Our Fashion, Our Culture, My World – niaphillips.wordpress.com
11) peachpowxo – peachpowxo.blogspot.com
Here are the official rules:
I live in Brixton in London. I eat out far too much, am always planning my next trip and have a borderline unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter.