So here we are at week 3 of The Great British Bake Off Challenge and it’s Desserts Week! Now if you watched the show on Tuesday you’ll have heard Mel and Sue say that “Desserts is Stressed backwards”, which pretty much summed up my dessert week challenge! I had grand plans of making my boyfriend a trifle (he LOVES trifle!) but have had a bit of a manic week and time got away from me, the freezers and fridges in my local supermarket were all broken so couldn’t get any ingredients, and in the end I made some 5-Minute Mocha Yoghurt Pots using a recipe card I’d picked up in Waitrose!
Now, obviously again these weren’t quite what the wonderful bakers on the show made! But I did have wonderful intentions haha! (sure that excuse would float with Paul Hollywood in The Tent…!) And these 5-Minute Mocha Yoghurt Pots are definitely a type of dessert 🙂 In fact they’d be perfect to serve as a quick and easy pud at a dinner party. So how did I make them?
1) Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water, then beat into the chocolate spread until it is smooth and softened.
2) Mix the chocolate spread and coffee mix into the yoghurt.
3) Finely chop the dark chocolate.
4) Stir this into the yoghurt, chocolate spread and coffee mixture.
5) Spoon the mixture into little espresso cups (or glass pots as I used) and pop in the fridge to chill before serving.
6) Dust lightly with cocoa powder and serve! The recipe card recommends serving with a Viennese Swirl biscuit, which is a cute idea if using espresso cups!